Monday, May 27, 2013

Next year Linky Party

I am linking up with Finding Joy in 6th Grade for a linky party dedicated to thinking about next year!  I must admit, it's one of my FAVORITE things about being a teacher.  You know... that fresh slate every year.  Even though I STILL have 17 days left of this year, I am already thinking about what will stay the same and what needs to change for next year.  Here are a few of my thoughts:


I do that some, but I need to do this even more next year!  My school day keeps getting shorter and shorter it seems with RTI (reading and math) and pull-outs.  I just don't have time to do these separately anymore.  Heck, even writing instruction took a beating with the district requiring 30 minutes of math intervention this year on top of the allotted time for math.  I have to be more strategic and merge where I can.


Currently, I have a filing cabinet that houses lots of reproducibles and masters of worksheets/activities/resources.  I want to organize them into binders.  I KNOW that I have many duplicates and things that I don't even need or want anymore!


My district is slowly putting common core into practice.  This year, k-2 implemented common core in math and next year, we will be implementing it into literacy.  My district is also adopting a new way of measuring teacher effectiveness and it is tied to student achievement.  I work at a highly transient, low income, high ELL school.  I want to make sure that I have all my bases covered.


I love the clip chart.  My Littles love the clip chart.  I want to tweak it a little bit next year though.  Currently, if a student makes it to OUTSTANDING (the highest level), they receive a jewel to put on their clip.  After 3 jewels, they take their clip home and get a prize from the treasure box.  Next year, I want to incorporate class coupons into this system instead of the treasure box.  I also want to have a Hall of Fame spot for my clips to be retired.  These are my inspirations:

and...
Have a Blessed week!  At least for those of us still in school it's a 4 day work week :)




2 comments:

  1. I found you through the linky and I am your newest follower. Welcome to the blogging world!
    Stop by sometime.
    :)
    Tamera
    My Heart Belongs in First

    ReplyDelete