To accept this award I must:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about myself
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them
Questions from Sweet Tea and Second Grade and my answers ~
1. What is your favorite first day of school activity? I love the clean slate that each new year brings. As crazy as it sounds, I love rehearsing classroom procedures....over and over (and over and over) again. I know the benefits of this practice and can appreciate my diligence in October! Plus, the Littles are usually on their very best behavior that day!
2. Have you always wanted to be a teacher? If not, what did you want to be? I wanted to be a private investigator as a child. I think I can trace the roots to Magnum P.I.
3. What is your craving: salt or sugar? SUGAR~ doughnuts! Yummy!
4. How do you see your life looking in 10 years? I hope to still be teaching!
5. What is your favorite blog (teaching or otherwise)? I love so many that it is hard to choose. I love First Grade Parade, Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits and Step Into Second Grade with Mrs. Lemons.
6. Coke or Dr. Pepper? Coke, but in reality Coke Zero!
7. If you could pick any city/state to live in, where would you life and why? I love WA, but I miss NC so stinking much! It's just a sweet pace of life that I enjoy there.
8. Describe your perfect afternoon. My perfect afternoon would be spent exploring Charleston, SC with my hubby. I love that city!
9. What is the one beauty product you can't live without? I don't know if this really counts but, I am gonna say my round brush. My hair needs taming every morning. It is straight, but left on its own it is a mess! Blow drying with a round brush is non-negotiable for me :)
10. Who do you admire most? My mom
11. When is your favorite time of day? Dusk...pure bliss!
Questions from Mr. First Grade and my answers ~
1. What's the last book you finished? Summer Breeze
2. When did you decide to become a teacher? Senior in high school
3. Do you have any advice for new teachers? Yes, be extra nice to the janitor and office managers because they run the school :) Also, become familiar with Teachers Pay Teachers. It is an unmatched resource!
4. How do you unwind after a day at school? I crush candy. Yep, I'm a candy crush addict.
5. What's your dream vacation? Hawaii~ I want to tour all the places where LOST was filmed :)
6. How do you stay on top of that pile of paperwork? I learned early on in my career that not everything needs to be graded. Prioritize! I also make sure that my desk is clean before I leave on Friday. When Monday comes, I am always glad that I stayed on Friday to do it!
7. Favorite sweet treat? doughnuts! (or ice cream)
8. Favorite movie? The Goonies! The Princess Bride is a close 2nd.
9. Favorite food? shrimp
10. Why did you start blogging? I loved reading other teacher's blog and wanted to join in on the fun!
11. What was the best advice you ever received? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
11 Random facts about me ~
1. I hate my middle name.
2. I love reality television. (Big Brother, SYTYCD, Survivor, Amazing Race, etc)
3. I adore Hello Kitty and my students often bring me presents that are HK themed.
4. I had my nose pierced about 6 years ago but it didn't heal properly so I let it close...boo!
5. I love my personal laminator and use it too much.
6. I am a backseat driver...I can't help myself! Good thing my hubby loves me anyway.
7. I don't like talking on the telephone.
8. Angel Eyes by The Jeff Healey Band is my favorite song.
9. I love college basketball (Go NC Tarheels!)
10. I love crafting! Pinterest has only fueled this love!
11. I'm a people pleaser...it's a problem!
So, my nominees are:
1. My First Love
2. My Silly Firsties
3. The Teacher Diaries
4. Mackey's Classroom
5. The Bender Bunch
My questions for the nominees:
1. Do you have a theme for your classroom?
2. What's your favorite picture book?
3. What's your favorite back to school activity?
4. What grades have your taught and which is your favorite?
5. What are your favorite blogs (teaching related or other)
6. What's your favorite subject to teach and why?
7. What's your guilty pleasure?
8. What's our favorite movie?
9. Are you a salty or sweet kind of person?
10. What's your favorite classroom management trick/technique?
11. What's the best advice you have ever received?
Have a BLESSED day,