Spring Break, 0h how I love thee. Let me count a few of the ways:
1. No 6 am wake ups~ Oh, how I adore sleep. I am soooo good at it. It's not that I am grumpy when I have to get up early, but I love sleeping to at least 8 am. Of course, that means staying up till about midnight and such tomfoolery is crazy when you deal with 6/7 year olds. My theory is either you are ready for them or they are ready for you. I prefer the former :)
2. Freedom to potty when you need to~ I love that when the urge hits, I don't have to wait until lunch or recess. Such freedom!!!
3. Day long pajama parties~ My pj's are my BFF. They are pink and stretchy and soft and loose and comfy and warm. I think that I am a nicer person when I wear them. and during spring break, I get to frequent their company!
4. Development of new TV obsessions~ I am an avid TV watcher and admirer. My newest find is The Americans. It's intriguing and addicting already. Plus, I have loved Keri Russell since Felicity.
5. Shopping during the day~ Such a simple pleasure, but I truly love it. I pretend that I am a rich SAHM that can craft and bake all day long if I want to. BTW, I don't have kids and I totally know that most SAHM are not crafting and baking all day. I just like to pretend :)
6. I can write this blog post at 12:30 on a Tuesday!
7. I could clean my house if I wanted to (but I don't want to right now).
I could keep listing things, but it's spring break and I have a lot of *nothing* to do today. :)
However, I am linking up with Flying into First Grade again. This week's topic: What 3 things would you have to have if you were stranded on an island?
I watch Survivor. I am ready for this! I would take:
1. Flint to use for fire.
2. A machete to kill things that could kill or scare me. (and to build the shelter and for banging on the flint for a spark for fire)
3. My hubby. He makes me laugh and tells good stories. (and, he could use the flint and the machete) Plus, I can't imagine him not in my life!