Saturday, January 5, 2013

I survived going back!

Thursday morning when my alarm clock went off, it was iffy....didn't. want. to. get. up. at. all.  After I finally got to school, I was fine.  It's usually just the getting ready and getting there part that I don't enjoy.  I love my pajama pants so hard!  I honestly think that I would be a happier teacher if I could wear them on a regular basis to teach in.  I mean, it works for about 40% of the population on Saturdays at Target. :)  Just kidding! 

So, like I said, once I was at school, everything was fine.  I loved seeing all my coworkers again and seeing them recharged and rested.  My littles were even cuter than when they left for Christmas Vaca.  They had grown some and they were so quiet on Thursday.  It almost felt like the first day of school.  We spent LOTS of time going over procedures and expectations.  We practiced some of the more tricky ones like lining up and transitioning to and from the carpet area.  I wish I knew how many times I say the words quickly, quietly and safely in one day! Anywho, they did wonderful and I must say that I loved hearing many of them say, "I missed you soooooooo much!" 

In my last post, I mentioned the New Year's activity that goes with the printable linked there.  Here are some pictures of that project.  Normally, we do the hats out of scrapbook paper, but I forgot to grab it on my way out of the house on Thursday morning.  The littles didn't mind at all.  They loved decorating their own hat :)


I love this little guy's goal.  It truly will test him and benefit me!



This little is super precious and just wants to lrne (learn) more.  Love!


I mentioned this in an earlier post this year, but I create a gallery outside my classroom each year.  The work is changed out regularly.  I had a couple students out on Thursday and one little didn't get finished with the writing part.  Those will be added later. 
 
I hope that you all had a great start to the new year.  If you are heading back to school on Monday, good luck :)



2 comments:

  1. Christy I have PD on Monday and my students come back on Tuesday. I always get nervous, like I have no idea what I'm doing, after a long break. Isn't that crazy?! I'm getting nervous about Tuesday. I'm glad to hear that your first day went well. The New Years activity is adorable! I've got a handful that need to work on listening as their goal too. I love his honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corinna, I know what you mean about getting nervous after a long break. I do that too. I think that's the reason that I didn't sleep well the night before going back. My brain was so busy thinking of stuff that I needed to do and ways to help my struggling ones. I can't wait to hear how your first day back goes :)
    ~Christy

    ReplyDelete