Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Assessments.....Ughhhh!

I feel like I am drowning in assessments right now.  I feel they have taken over and I honestly don't see the end in sight.  Today, I was fortunate to have a guest teacher for 1/2 the day while I pulled the littles into the hallway to adminster the DRA (Directed Reading Assessment).  Of course, out of the 3 hours that I had the guest teacher, 1 hour was lunch and recess!  But, I am thankful for the 2 hours I did get.  :) 

Our principal is requiring us to find each instructional level and frustration level during this round of assessments.  Normally, we give a standard benchmark and find the instructional levels.  Finding the frustration level for some of my littles is, well, at MY FRUSTRATION LEVEL!  It is torture for me to watch them struggle.  Honestly, I don't think that it is going to help my instruction one. little. bit.  Of course, that is my opinion.  Does anyone else have to find the frustration level?




No comments:

Post a Comment