Thursday, July 23, 2015

Sweet Summer

Sweet Summer, oh how I love you!  Let me count the ways:

1.  No alarm clock needed
2.  Bathroom privileges....all teachers know what I mean :)
3.  Movie matinees
4.  Lunch dates
5.  Big Brother, Food Network Star, and Rookie Blue
6.  Pajamas or comfy clothes ALL.DAY!
7.  Watching Periscopes from teachers that I adore..... @elementaryshenanigans
8.  Zero learning targets or criteria of success displayed, needed, or thought about
9.  Traveling
10.  Seeing my momma and daddy (I live in WA and they live in MS :(  )
11.  Watermelon, plums, cherries, and peaches
12.  Crafting
13.  Netflix marathons
14.  Reading for pleasure
15.  Lesson plans are not needed

As much as I love the sweet little ones that I teach, I can honestly say that summer break makes me a better teacher.  I tend to invest most of "ME" during the school year.  I have trouble with balance.

I am SO THANKFUL for summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment