Sweet Summer, oh how I love you! Let me count the ways:
1. No alarm clock needed
2. Bathroom privileges....all teachers know what I mean :)
3. Movie matinees
4. Lunch dates
5. Big Brother, Food Network Star, and Rookie Blue
6. Pajamas or comfy clothes ALL.DAY!
7. Watching Periscopes from teachers that I adore..... @elementaryshenanigans
8. Zero learning targets or criteria of success displayed, needed, or thought about
10. Seeing my momma and daddy (I live in WA and they live in MS :( )
11. Watermelon, plums, cherries, and peaches
13. Netflix marathons
14. Reading for pleasure
15. Lesson plans are not needed
As much as I love the sweet little ones that I teach, I can honestly say that summer break makes me a better teacher. I tend to invest most of "ME" during the school year. I have trouble with balance.
I am SO THANKFUL for summertime!