Thursday, July 21, 2016

July, please slow down!


I swear that summer just started. 

I think I just said goodbye to my 1st Grade Littles like a month ago yesterday.

Big Brother just started.  Big Brother is synonymous with summer break.

And now summer is beginning to feel like it's going to leave me broken hearted.  It's almost over.  I am one of the lucky ones that don't go back until the very end of August, but obligations are starting to over shadow my lazy days of sweet summer relaxation.  This is me...100%


I am getting excited about my next year as a teacher though.  Summer break is that magical time where the anxiety about last years challenges just seem to dissipate and dreams of hope come forth.  I hear childbirth is like that.  I know not of this so I can only assume that is why people have more than one child :)

Anywho, I love lounging in my pajamas and sitting in my recliner (named Bessie) and pinning awesome, amazing, too cool, ideas to try out/make/implement for the following year.  Here are some of my favorites.  You can click each pic to go to the spot I pinned it from. 

1.  Homework Club:  Each student's class number is a member of the club at the beginning of every month.  When homework is skipped, their number is removed.  At the end of the month, those that are remaining participate in whatever reward was designated.  Cool beans!
                                  
I like the QR code idea for those that don't complete their work on time - less paperwork white still keeping students responsible:


2.  Bottle cap letters:  I can think of so many ways to use these in my classroom.  Building words, sound recognition, partnering kiddos up are just a few. 

                                                  
Bottle Cap Letters (w/stickers):
 
3.  Paper plate border:  Holy cow this is cute. 
         
Small paper plates cut in half and then patterned colors for 3D effect.:

4.  Kindness Bulletin Board:  I think I might make one of these for the staff lounge....cause the reminder is unfortunately necessary.
Confetti Bulletin Board. So cute! Could add student work on top of the confetti.:
 
5.  Scissor storage
 
Found scissors on clearance at Walmart for 25 cents and a miniature crate on sale for a dollar. It made a perfect scissor rack for my classroom!:
 
Blessings,


2 comments: